Saturday, May 11, 2013

Doughnuts, Asian Festivals, and the Doctor

That sums up my day.  My mom took my younger siblings--minus the eldest of my younger siblings, who was already at Tae Kwon Do--to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts (yum!) before we went on a shopping trip to get groceries and stuff for a trip we're taking down to visit friends.  I'll get to see Staples for the first time in almost two years I'm so incredibly excited.

And then we hurried to have lunch (we got Chick-Fil-A, which was also pretty awesome) and then had to leave to go to the Asian festival, where my brother was performing Tae Kwon Do and my dad was performing Hapkido (I hope I spelled that right) with other students from the martial arts studio they go to.  They showed forms and one-step-sparring-self-defense (my personal favorite) and also some exercises and board breaking and it was all-around awesome. Then we had some Asian-inspired-tacos (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure tacos isn't an authentic Asian dish) (and are you sensing a recurring theme of food) that we got for free because the Grand Master's wife owned the place where we got the food, and they invited us.  Then two of my brothers and my dad went to eat at the actual restaurant instead of just the booth, while the middle brother and mom and the baby and I all went home.  

Then a friend called and we had fun and talked for like an hour and a half.  Then I went downstairs.  Then I came upstairs and that puts me here, with an English test to finish, and iPod to sync, stuff to draw, fanfic to write, and instead  listening to said iPod and writing a blog post.  Yup.  #LikeARowdyEmployee

Anyway, that picture that wasn't working?  The one I drew of the Doctor?  Well, I tried again, and here it is!

It looks like he's wearing eyeshadow ugh I'm sorry the pastels smudged.
Also I didn't use a reference so his nose is all wrong and his eyes and eyebrows are weird.

But other than the fact that they like to smudge when I don't want them to smudge, I've decided I really like pastels.  

Well, a parting quote for you, then I'm off to procrastinate.  (And I wonder why I never get anything done...)

There is the vicious circle that has been drawn for us by the huge mob which has become literate but not educated.  
-James Truslow Adams, "The Mucker Pose"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun! That's actually not a bad drawing, I could tell right away who it was! :) I like Chick-fil-A too and your family sounds large! lol!

    I had a good day, slept in, watched Merlin, went to an early Mother's day meal with mom and Kayla and a visit to Wal-Mart where I found a movie I was really wanting (Corpse Bride) in the five dollar bin! I was so happy! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you. :) Yes, there's seven of us; eight if you count the dog. So not too shabby. :P

      AHHHHHHHHH YAY that's sounds like an awesome day! :D

      Delete

HIIIIII!!! Spork here! Thanks for commenting! :)
As per usual blog author request, please be polite and keep it clean!