Monday, December 3, 2012

Random Blog Post Time!!!

I really need to get better about blogging.  I'm so bad at doing it regularly.

--proceed with random update on life--

I have been sick for an entire week.  But I am getting better.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be 100% again!  I really think I will.

Current fun book: The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie.
Synopsis based on what has been read so far: What is the secret of Chimneys?  How are notorious jewel-thief, a murdered dignitary, and a waiter (with blackmail as a side job) involved?  No one really knows, but a beautiful widow, dashing adventurer, and a stolid inspector from Scotland Yard feature prominently in yet another brilliant mystery by Agatha Christie.  Two and three and one and five must make four...somehow.

Current work book: The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder.
Synopsis:  The famous Bridge of San Luis Rey snapped, tumbling five tiny figures into the abyss below.  But why those five?  Follow the characters, ranging from an infamous noblewoman, to abandoned identical twins, to an actress, and discover alongside these and many more brilliantly portrayed characters that there cannot be love without suffering.

Current song: "I Won't", by Colbie Caillat (listening through Pandora app on iPod)

Hm.  This is turning into a "current" list.

Current position: cross-legged on floor of bedroom, with laptop on lap.

Current shirt: grey Star Wars t-shirt with a (darker) grey sweater over it.

Let's end with a quote!  My friend Staples gave me this one:

"Lying in bed would be an altogether perfect and supreme experience if one only had a coloured pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling."
        -G. K. Chesterton, "On Lying in Bed"

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIIIII!!! Spork here! Thanks for commenting! :)
As per usual blog author request, please be polite and keep it clean!