Thursday, October 25, 2012

Literatue and NaNoWriMo

I am CAUGHT UP on American Literature!

...Okay, so maybe I didn't get caught up yesterday...exactly...but I caught up today so that's all good.  :)

NOW I just have to get caught up on everything else.  When I next report in, I'll be caught up on Religion, no?  Yes.  Caught up on Religion (and staying caught up on Literature!) shall be my goal. :)

By the way...
Yup.  NaNoWriMo, also known as NaNo, nano (when you're too lazy to capitalize), and National Novel Writing Month.

Yup, I'm a participant!

What's NaNo, you ask?  Well, the full, non-abbreviated title, the little diagram, and the link I provided (click here if you didn't see the last one) should furnish you with a good idea.  

Too lazy to click the link?  Still waiting for me to explain?  Okay, fine.  
So, basically, NaNo is this little project, group, idea, website, whatever you want to call it.  The goal is to write a full novel, 50,000 words or more, in a month (November).  You can write up characters, plot, an outline, anything really, to prepare for your novel...except the actual novel.   Nope, you're not allowed to start the novel until November 1st.  And if you write at least 50,000 words by November 30th, you WIN!!!!! :D  

Now, the smart people have their characters and plot all neatly planned out, with their outline prettily tucked away in a binder.  Me?  Ermmmm...well...no.  I have a basic idea of my story and a hazy idea of the characters.  I believe I shall be using this nifty name generator for at least some of the character's names.  

Am I freaking out over my almost total lack of preparedness?  Maybe.  Sort of.  

Okay, now I have no clue what to say.  Something random?  Yes.  Good idea.  RANDOMNESS FOR THE WIN!

Hmmm...

Bowties are cool.  XD

I'll post again tomorrow! 

And now for a signature.  

-Spork


Thank you, Snuffles (wow that looks weird written out...maybe next time I should say Snuffleupagus?), for mentioning Nano as a possible blog post topic.  :)  Look at Miss Procrastinator me, I got around to it like three months later!  :/
At least I did it.  YAY me! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIIIII!!! Spork here! Thanks for commenting! :)
As per usual blog author request, please be polite and keep it clean!