Friday, March 22, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

Which is better...no title, or lame title?  (Vote in the poll at the sidebar! XD)

Anyway, like the title said, I am rather busy.  A couple weeks ago, my family and I left for a trip to Southern California to visit family and so my parents could attend a wedding.  It was extremely fun to be able to visit with my grandparents and other family members, including three of my cousins!  In addition to hanging out with family, I went to Universal Studios, the Getty Villa (Ancient Romans a;slkdjf;laskdjf;lksjflka;sldkfj), and the beach.  I can't remember which beach it was, but it was a beach.  Apparently my mom went camping there alot when she was little.  Anyway, I took some pictures of my trip and hopefully they'll be up soon in a separate post.

But that's not my main writing assignment write now.  (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Are you currently writhing with anticipation, wondering what great plots and characters I'm coming up with?

Probably not.

Which is okay, because you'd be right!  My main writing thing right now is not a creative writing fun book thingy, but an essay I'm writing for my American Government course.

An at-least-five-pages-essay.

An essay that I'm really worried about.  It's rather stressful.

Essentially, I'm analyzing the extremely controversial Roe v. Wade decision to see if the Court was correct in making its decision.  For the first time in my research report history, I am pointedly ignoring the Christian and moral aspects.  (And I'm just pointing out, "pointedly ignoring" is different than "not using because it is not relevant."  In some of my previous essays, I haven't "played the God card" because it simply wasn't relevant.)  I'm analyzing the Roe v. Wade case from a purely historical and legal point of view.  This is a new and stressful experience for me.

A bunch of questions pop into my mind.  I've never done this before, am I doing it right?  I can't come across as high-handed, my audience will be put on the defensive.  How do I avoid this?  Am I formulating my argument correctly?  How do I wade through all this legalese?  How do I point out the blatant errors in the Wade Decision (yes, I can think of at least one I found in the text alone, without consulting any outside sources) without coming across as sarcastic and condescending?

Etc., etc.

Best get back to it, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIIIII!!! Spork here! Thanks for commenting! :)
As per usual blog author request, please be polite and keep it clean!